In 2008, Aurora received the All-America City Award from the National Civic League. Aurora is a diverse center of work and play - from international cuisine and award-winning medical facilities and one of the only U.S. Air Force bases to house all five branches of the military. With more than 300 sunny days every year and a robust public art program, Aurora is a lively place to call home.
Aurora, Colorado is one of the top three largest cities in Colorado spanning over three counties. With Aurora covering such a large area of the state there are plenty of homes to look at and plenty of things to keep you busy all throughout the year.
Top reasons to move to Aurora:
View All Aurora, CO Properties
- Trails: Aurora is covered in miles of off-street trails providing a great way to bike, run and more.
- Golf: Aurora is home to six different golf courses! From championship layouts to an 18-hole executive course, there is a course for everyone! The courses are all professionally maintained and all courses offer lessons.
- Restaurants: Have a food craving? There is no doubt that Aurora can satisfy it, with their collection of 250 ethnic restaurants to choose from.
- Parks: Walk, hike, bike, fish or play! Aurora is home to over 100 parks and over 6,000 acres of open space. Cool off in the Summer at some of Aurora’s water playgrounds!
- Reservoirs: Aurora and Quincy reservoir offer great places to boat, fish, picnic and play!
- Healthcare: Aurora ranks in the top ten cities for healthcare and is anchored by the award-winning Anschutz Medical Campus.
- Aurora Sports Park: The Aurora Sports Park is a 200-acre site and hosts major local, state and national competitions. With 12 baseball/softball fields and 23 soccer/multi-use fields its clear why this is a popular place most days of the week.